Malta Freeport Terminals Ltd (MFTL) is calling for proposals and offers for Crane inspections on some of its Ship to Shore Cranes.
- Structural Inspections to be carried out on 4 plus an Optional additional inspection on another 4 QCs;
- Optional Detailed Crane inspections reviewing all mechanisms and mechanical components such as brakes, couplings, gearboxes, rollers, sheaves etc;
- Optional Rail inspections on 4 – 10 quay cranes;
- Optional Boom Wire Rope Inspections on 9 quay cranes using visual method and optionally via magnetoscopic examination;
Tenderers are kindly requested to click on Request for Proposal for the Inspections on STS Quay Cranes for the Tender Document.
The Tender Documentation is composed of the following documents:
- Request for Proposal
- Crane Technical Documentation
- Detailed Price List
The contract will be a turnkey contract and the Contractor must take responsibility of the realisation of the whole project.
The following documentation is available upon request in Appendix:
- Crane specification and general arrangement
- Terminal layout
Additional technical documentation can be provided to bidders upon request.
The contract prices shall include the following:
- The scope of work as defined in the present document
- All necessary tools, equipment and means of access to carry onsite inspections
- Travelling and Lodging costs
- A soft copy and a hard copy of all reports. An Excel / MS-Word version of the Inspection plans must be provided
Site Visit & Clarifications
A site visit can be organised for bidders upon request. Bidders should contact the following to organise accordingly:
All requests for clarifications must be sent by email to the below addresses:
Site visits have to take place before June 16th.
The Bids must be received by MFT by June 30th at the latest and can be received in either soft or hard copy. Any offer received after the closing date will be rejected.
Hard copies are to be sent to:
Malta Freeport Terminals Ltd
Attn; Mr. Chris Bartolo
Freeport Centre, Port of Marsaxlokk
Soft copies to be sent to: