Malta Freeport Terminals is seeking to fill in the post of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. The selected candidates will oversee, supervise and motivate the workforce under their charge so as to be of vital support to the Departmental Director and Managers.
The following are the key responsibilities, duties an skills:
Defining maintenance procedures and improving work practices to ensure utilisation efficiency of the work force and improve equipment performance.
Plan and implement inspections and routine maintenance of the Terminal’s electrical infrastructure and throughout the assigned fleet of equipment under his/her responsibility.
Record all faults and breakdowns to establish trends and identify causes.
Recommend modifications and improvements to reduce failure rates, monitor performance changes and to reduce running costs.
Improve the overall equipment efficiency and optimising equipment safety features.
Coordinate with the Operations Department on aspects concerning work prioritisation, repairs, and maintenance of equipment.
Ensure works procedures and safe working practices are adhered to.
Supervise the daily activities of all maintenance staff, breakdown crews and subcontractors.
Improving the technical skills of the maintenance workforce.
Updating technical manuals and works procedures.
Assisting breakdown crews in fault finding when necessary.
Responds to emergency situations and is on call after hours on a roster basis.
Responsible for communicating to management issues affecting business operations whilst taking the necessary actions to resolve such issues.
To ensure high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
Liaise with OEM regarding parts, SOPs, issues, and product development.
Drawing up of new equipment specifications and managing the entire process from the design stage through the installation, start-up, testing and commissioning.
Determine and develop projects specifications to improve the terminals’ electrical infrastructure; including project scheduling and preparing costs estimates.
Assist with technical evaluations on capital projects.
Manage and maintain project scheduling by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems, and recommending actions.
Control projects’ costs by working towards approved budgets.
Managing spare parts in relation to their availability, stock quantities and cost control.
Minimise, as far as is safe and practicable any adverse environmental impact of his/her activities.
Coordinate closely with the team of engineers responsible for other equipment categories.
To keep abreast with innovations and technological advancements in equipment and operational processes.
In addition to the above, Electrical Engineers will also be required to:
Manage and work with medium and low voltage equipment.
Monitor energy consumption and recommend methods for effective saving
The above listed statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Candidates should be in possession of a University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- In possession of an Engineering Warrant
- Have a proven track record in a demanding environment.
- Applicants possessing knowledge/experience on heavy plant will be preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic systems will be considered an asset.
Electrical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from the University of Malta or equivalent.
- In possession of a valid Engineering Warrant.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial or similar environment
- Versed in DC Drives, AC Drives, PLC and Scada Systems
- MV Switchgear, Building Management Systems and Electromechanical Systems experience a plus. –
- Possess a methodical & analytical approach.
- Be capable of working on his/her own initiative and embrace a flexible approach.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Troubleshooting and/or problem-solving is essential.
The selected candidate may be asked to work either normal day hours or on shift basis.